ReSharper 9 hits Beta along with other JetBrains .NET tools
Please welcome Beta releases of ReSharper 9.0, ReSharper C++, dotCover 3.0, dotTrace 6.0, dotMemory 4.2 and dotPeek 1.3.
As all of them are now available from a single installer, you can download ReSharper 9 Beta and choose to install only ReSharper or more of our .NET tools.
A quick overview of what’s new in these releases:
- ReSharper C++ Beta is the first Beta release of the long-expected flavor of ReSharper that supports C++. The current state of ReSharper C++ including its limitations is described here.
- dotCover 3.0 Beta receives remote code coverage, a restyled coverage configuration dialog, a new coverage controller, as well as support for ReSharper 9 and Visual Studio 2015 Preview.
- dotTrace 6.0 Beta introduces a completely new Timeline profiling mode for collecting temporal call stack and thread state data, refines the starting point of the profiling process with dotTrace Home view, adds more flexibility to subsystems, and supports Visual Studio 2015 Preview.
- dotMemory 4.2 Beta learns to live on a shared platform with the other .NET tools, and therefore receives Visual Studio 2015 Preview support as well.
- dotPeek 1.3 Beta borrows a set of actions introduced in ReSharper 9, and integrates its symbol server with ReSharper’s navigation to external sources, which basically allows setting break points in third-party code that you navigate to using ReSharper.
Note that all JetBrains .NET tools now operate on a shared platform, which conserves resources when several products are running at the same time in Visual Studio.
If you have ignored prior Early Access builds expecting to preview ReSharper and friends on a later stage, this is probably the time for you to give the updates a try. As we are on a very tight release schedule this time, we ask you to check the known issues outlined below, and if your system environment is fine, please download and install the Beta releases. When you have them installed, if anything is not working, please let us know about any critical issues as soon as possible.
If anything is going wrong, the easiest way to let us know is select ReSharper | Help | Report a Bug or Submit Feedback. In the Feedback Center window that opens, you’ll be able to briefly describe the problem you’re having, and send additional info our way: from environment information to a screenshot of your Visual Studio window to a settings file or a snapshot of your solution’s structure.
Some things are certain to go wrong. We know them, and you should know them, too. Here are major known issues of this Beta release:
- Running any product under Windows with a non-English locale leads to a Visual Studio crash.
- The installer only runs on 64-bit operating systems.
- The Beta releases don’t currently support Windows XP.
- Standalone applications (dotTrace, dotMemory and dotPeek) don’t launch under Windows Vista.
In case you are not affected by the known issues outlined above, please download the Beta installer and give it a ride!
The JetBrains Team
PyCharm 4: More of Everything You Love About Python
Please welcome PyCharm 4, the new major release of our intelligent IDE for Python, Django and Web development that brings more of everything you love about Python!
Most valuable goodies in this update are:
- IPython Notebook integration
- NumPy array Viewer
- Behavior-Driven Development support
- Attach to process
- Referring objects
- Jinja2 debugger
- Improved Python/Django console tool window
- Now you can leave the console open after a project run or a debug session
- View of call hierarchy trees for method calls in different scopes
- Better package management
- Unittest subtests support
- New project creation wizard
- A host of improvements inherited from WebStorm 9 and the ever-growing IntelliJ Platform
- And even more.
In case you missed it, PyCharm has recently become much more education-friendly! Recently we launched PyCharm Educational Edition, a free & open source edition of PyCharm IDE for students that learn programming and their teachers. Get your free PyCharm Educational Edition today.
The JetBrains Team
Hone Your Craft with RubyMine 7
We’re pleased to let you know that RubyMine 7, the latest update of our intelligent Ruby on Rails IDE, is available for download.>
For all of us at JetBrains, being a developer means a lot more than everyday coding. It is also about being on the edge of knowledge, honing your programming skills, and keeping your tools as sharp as they can be.
That said, it only makes sense that this major update polishes all of RubyMine’s subsystems, adding new features and enhancements to help you write and maintain code:
- Chef is now supported via special plugin compatible with RubyMine 7 that introduces cookbooks, recipes and resources in the IDE.
- Puppet language support was improved significantly, with a plugin designed to analyze Puppet manifest files.
- EditorConfig integration now brings more code styling options.
- Debugger was improved including the option to run the console in the context of a debugging session, and the ability to view variable values next to their usages in the editor.
- RVM-managed Ruby interpreters can now be added as a remote SDK; there are also improvements for vagrant- and deployment-based remote SDK.
- Lots of enhancements for web development, including Emmet preview action; support for the latest CSS3, Stylus and Sass versions; code reformat functionality for Slim and HAML; support for ReactJS and JSX/ES6; and more.
- You can now experiment and prototype right in the editor, without creating any new project files, thanks to RubyMine’s new feature called Scratch Files.
- And more.
You can buy or renew your RubyMine license on our website. RubyMine 7 is a free update for you if you purchased or renewed your license on or after November 13, 2013.
IntelliJ IDEA 14: Where your finest code is forged
A month earlier than last year, we’re excited to announce IntelliJ IDEA 14, the major new release of your favorite Java IDE. Every part of your favorite working tool has been enhanced:
- Built-in Java decompiler
- Improved Java debugger: Show referring objects, Inline variables view and other enhancements
- Detecting code styles on the fly
- New editor features: Smarter backspace key and enhanced Multiple selections
- Better code analysis with automatic @NotNull, @Nullable and @Contract annotations inference
- Advanced coding assistance for Thymeleaf template engine
- Improved Gradle and Maven integration
- Built-in JavaFX scene builder
- Drools 6 support
- Better Git and Mercurial integration
- Scratch files
- Enhancements and new features introduced in Android Studio Beta, including support for Android Wear and TV
- PhoneGap, Cordova and Ionic support
- New database tools
- And much more...
Dive deep into the newest IntelliJ IDEA 14 features by joining the November 18th live webinar by Breandan Considine. Registration is already open!
JetBrains Debuts PyCharm Educational Edition
Please welcome PyCharm Educational Edition, a new easy-to-use yet powerful Python IDE for learning and teaching Python programming! With special interactive educational functionality, PyCharm Educational Edition combines the easy learning curve of interactive coding platforms with the power of a real-world professional tool to help novice programmers learn the craft and turn professional quicker than ever before!
Don't wait — download PyCharm Education Edition for your platform and start learning Python programming today!
The core features of this edition are:
- Special new Educational project type. From a student's point of view, an Educational project is like an interactive course that includes tasks and files for editing, and a Check button that gives instant feedback and scores your assignment. With this type of project, teachers can create courses or assignments with lessons and tasks, create exercise code, define expected results, write tests that will work in the background. In particular, they can employ the "fill in the missing code" educational technique where you ask a student to insert the correct code in an already existing code sample.
- A greatly simplified interface to make the learning curve as easy as possible. The advanced tools are hidden by default and may be activated as you progress.
- On Windows, Python is installed together with PyCharm, with no additional installation required. Linux and Mac OS installers automatically detect a system interpreter. All you need to start learning is just to install PyCharm.
YouTrack 6: A Bird's Eye View of Your Projects
We've just released YouTrack 6 with dramatically expanded project management capabilities.
A new live Dashboard and 17 new reports are here to help your development team and managers visualize project activities, analyze performance and monitor progress.
YouTrack is now the perfect place to track and manage everything, from bug reports and customer requests to team tasks and projects.
The key features in YouTrack 6 include:
- 17 new reports broken down into four types:
- Issues distribution
- Time management
- State transition
- Personalized live Dashboard
- Reworked user management
- Multiple drafts per user
- New image editor
- Customizable shortcuts
- AND logical operator in search queries
Get YouTrack 6 today and experience its comprehensive issue tracking and project management capabilities.
WebStorm 9: Simply Superior
To bring you the very best development experience based on today’s most powerful and modern webdev technologies and tools, WebStorm 9 introduces:
- Full support for Meteor. WebStorm now provides coding assistance and debug capabilities for Meteor applications.
- Integration with Gulp that helps you easily browse through the list of project tasks and run or debug any of them.
- New spy-js features: spy-js can now trace and profile Node.js apps, enhances code completion with the runtime data collected, and allows you to evaluate any expression without breakpoints.
- Integration with PhoneGap, Cordova and Ionic so you can create, emulate and deploy mobile apps right from the IDE.
- Automatic update for Node.js apps when code is changed, thanks to the updated Live Edit feature.
Join us October 30th for a free webinar with John Lindquist, A Deep Dive into WebStorm 9's New Features. Registration is now open!
dotMemory 4.1 is Released. Here are 6 Good Reasons to Upgrade
dotMemory 4.1 is here to deliver more rigorous, productive and beautiful .NET memory profiling experience with freshly baked goodies:
- Disable/Enable collection allocations on the fly to profile a certain app functionality without slowing down all of its other areas.
- Get more data on GC roots. dotMemory shows you the name of the field through which a static object is referenced.
- Detect more common issues in a single click: New automatic inspection called String duplicates along with two WPF-related inspections (from v4.0.10).
- Copy, save and share profiling results, nicely formatted for further analysis or sharing.
- Explore new restyled UI icons in this update, designed for a clearer and more beautiful profiling experience.
- Easily order and manage multiple memory investigations by giving custom names to your analysis tabs.
Please download dotMemory 4.1 for a better profiling experience!
PhpStorm 8: Evolving with You
Hello from JetBrains,
We're happy to announce the release of PhpStorm 8, the newest version of our IDE for PHP and web development. PhpStorm 8 brings even more emerging technologies to help you enjoy web development, with deepest-ever code understanding and advanced support for remote environments:
- PHP Language Support: completely re-worked language injections into PHP literals; PHP 5.6 full support; source & test directories for PHP; new intentions and inspections, formatting, type inference, and other major improvements.
- Frameworks: Blade template engine support; WordPress support; Drupal 8 support
- Behat support
- Remote PHP interpreters support
- Debugging & testing improvements, with support for Zend Server Z-Ray
PhpStorm 8 also brings support for some of the most trending web technologies:
- Advanced AngularJS support
- PhoneGap/Cordova integration
This release also inherits many features and improvements recently made to IntelliJ Platform, including multiple carets and selections, working with a single file without creating a project, bundled Scratch plugin, EditorConfig support, and more.
Develop with Pleasure!
Meet JetBrains Upsource, a New Repository Browser and Code Review Tool
Today we are starting an Early Access Program for JetBrains Upsource: a new on-premises team tool to browse your source code repositories, share, discuss and review code.
With JetBrains Upsource, you can:
- Keep track of revisions in source code repositories based on Git, Perforce, Subversion and/or Perforce.
- Visualize the history of commits, branches and merges.
- Examine changes in new revisions in detail.
- Explore any revision of your code base, file by file.
- Enjoy automatic code inspections in Java projects, as if you were working in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Discuss code and code changes, or set up formal code reviews.
Interested? Here's what you can do:
- Read more about Upsource and learn what it's capable of as a repository browser and as a code review tool.
- Subscribe to receive e-mails about further Upsource releases, including Betas and the final Upsource 1.0 release.
- Download a pre-release Upsource build by becoming a part of the Upsource Early Access Program (EAP).
Being a part of EAP gives you an extra opportunity to get in touch with the team and influence how Upsource develops in the long run. Get on board, and let's make Upsource a top-notch tool together!
dotPeek 1.2 Is Released
Long awaited update for the free .NET decompiler from JetBrains is finally available: you can download dotPeek 1.2.
Highlights of this update include:
- dotPeek can be used as a symbol server and provide Visual Studio debugger with the information required to debug assembly code. Not only can dotPeek generate source files on debugger's request, with dotPeek you can generate PDB files manually and see the progress in a dedicated tool window.
- Process Explorer window that provides you with the list of all currently running processes and allows exploring their modules and decompiling those of them that are .NET assemblies.
- Quick search and node filtering in Assembly Explorer with lowerCamelHumps supported.
Please download dotPeek 1.2 for a better decompilation and debugging experience!
PyCharm 3.4 is Now Available
Please welcome PyCharm 3.4, the latest and greatest version of the most intelligent IDE for Python and Web development. This update is now available for download to bring you improved functionality, better performance, and many handy new must-have features that we hope will make you even more productive!
Notable highlights in this release include:
- New Python interpreters management with a new UI
- New refined support for remote interpreters
- Django 1.7 support
- New live templates for Python
- Multiple carets and selections
- Vagrant support improvements
- New automatic quick-fixes
- Full debug support in the interactive Python console
- Debugging for Stackless Python
- Advanced built-in AngularJS support
- IdeaVIM plugin updated with new enhancements
- New 'Github' color scheme for the PyCharm editor
- And many other valuable improvements across the IDE
Welcome AppCode 3.0
Big day today as we've just released AppCode 3.0, your new favorite IDE for iOS/OS X development!
We focused on making v3.0 a more complete and productive development experience for you. We listened to your feedback and introduced the top-voted feature: integrated UI Designer, as well as improvements in target management, code generation actions for TDD, look&feel changes, and a plugin for a fantastic iOS debugging tool from Itty Bitty Apps called Reveal. As a result, less switching between IDEs means more productive coding for you.
So, here are the top highlights in AppCode 3.0:
- Integrated UI Designer supporting .xib and .storyboard formats, providing all the essential UI editor features and the full component pallet supported by iOS SDK.
- Plugin for Reveal. Inspect view elements and hierarchies of your iOS apps in real time, use the 2D and 3D visualization possibilities, and apply the view's editing on the fly. All these available with a very simple configuration from AppCode.
- The code generating action Cmd+N now works for test methods, setUp/tearDown methods and creating Kiwi blocks. See our demo to learn more.
- New Project Settings UI for adding targets and configuring frameworks, sources and resources simply by dragging.
- The editor now offers multiple carets and selection. Just place the caret in several locations and edit them all at once. Completion and live templates will also work.
- Built-in Terminal is available. Now you can start it right in the IDE with Alt+F12.
- Improvements in C++11 providing support for such important features like initializer lists, raw string literals, variadic templates and type traits.
- Enhanced look & feel including color schemes from Xcode, and a fully re-worked Xcode keymap.
- New and enhanced navigation. For example, 'Search everywhere' will really search in every nook and cranny (Files, Actions, Preferences, etc.).
Read more details about what's new and download AppCode 3.0 free trial for 30 days to evaluate all the new features. Note that AppCode 3.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their AppCode license after May 20, 2013. Learn more about AppCode 3.0 pricing.
We also want to thank everyone who has evaluated our Early Access Program builds! Your feedback, votes and submissions to the issue tracker were instrumental in getting this release out the door.
JetBrains AppCode Team
dotMemory 4.0 out, dotTrace on sale
You've waited for this long enough. As of today, our profilers dotTrace Memory and dotTrace Performance assume new identities. We are thrilled to announce the release of dotMemory 4.0, our smart and reliable .NET memory profiler.
At the same time, dotTrace Performance, henceforth known as simply dotTrace, is now on SALE: Up to 58% OFF on commercial licenses and up to 33% OFF on personal licenses. For more pricing details please go to the dotTrace website.
So, back to dotMemory 4.0: it introduces a unique memory analysis concept. We believe that complicated and deeply intellectual memory usage analysis can be a fascinating and everyday activity. With dotMemory you start from all objects in memory and narrow to smaller object sets until the memory issue is solved. Just let dotMemory’s powerful functionality and intuitive UI guide you through the journey.
The key features of dotMemory 4.0 include:
- Powerful automatic inspections to instantly detect common types of memory leaks
- Multiple views on data for a detailed analysis of memory usage issues. For example, you can group instances by dominating object sets or by similar retention paths. Other innovative views include the icicle chart to visualize the call tree.
- Memory traffic analysis to detect what causes excessive garbage collection.
- Comparing memory snapshots to visualize improvements or regressions in memory usage.
- Support for various types of applications based on .NET framework 2.0 up to 4.5.1, including desktop applications, web applications and web services.
- Timeline view to capture real-time data.
- Remote profiling to detect memory issues in running production environments.
- Profiling API to invoke the profiler from exact code positions in your applications.
Explore these and other features on the dotMemory website.
dotMemory is available in different license types: commercial, personal, open source, and more. If you purchased a dotTrace Memory license after January 1, 2012, you are welcome to upgrade your memory profiler for free. Download dotMemory 4.0 today and enjoy the new memory profiler. If you would like to first try it, a free 10-day evaluation license is available.
Profile with pleasure! JetBrains dotMemory Team
YouTrack 5.2 introduces "work item" type, enables supporting multiple helpdesk customers in a single e-mail thread
We are proud to announce the release of YouTrack 5.2, a fresh spring update for our issue tracking & agile project management tool.
YouTrack 5.2 introduces a number of great features including:
- "Work item" type to let you specify the type of work done
- Enhanced help desk support: multiple To and CC recipients
- Custom date format: for the whole system or per user
- Epic as a default issue type
- Performance improvements
For more details please visit our What's New page.
Keep tracking with pleasure!
JetBrains YouTrack Team
RubyMine 6.3: Rails 4.1, Slim 2.0, AngularJS, and more
While RubyMine 6 focused on making sure you got the best of Ruby, we’re not forgetting about raising your productivity while developing web applications. This is why RubyMine 6.3, available for download as of today, brings support for Rails 4.1, better Slim and AngularJS, as well as multiple carets and selection, a long-awaited and top-voted editor feature.
RubyMine 6.3 introduces the following important changes:
- Spring and json.jbuilder views for better Rails 4 & 4.1 support
- Slim support enhancements with Slim 2.0, code formatting and embedded code types
- AngularJS framework support with smart code completion, refactoring, navigation, and quick documentation
- REST Client сookies support with adding, modifying and reviewing capabilities
- More filters such as :css, :sass, and :coffeescript supported for HAML
- RSpec 3-compatible formatter
- Bundled Vagrant plugin
To learn more, please visit our What’s New page. RubyMine 6.3 is a free update for everyone with license purchased/updated on or after April 3, 2013.
WebStorm 8: Web Intelligence at Your Service
Highlights in WebStorm 8.0 include:
- Advanced AngularJS support. WebStorm now provides smart AngularJS specific code completion, refactoring, navigation and quick access to documentation.
- Multiple cursors and selections will help you edit your code faster, especially if you are used to this feature in other editors.
Other important updates included in WebStorm 8.0 are:
- Support for CucumberJS test framework.
WebStorm 8.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their license after March 26, 2013.
JetBrains WebStorm Team
ReSharper, dotCover and dotTrace Receive Updates
Today we are happy to announce a triple update for our .NET tools. ReSharper 8.2 is now available for download, along with compatible updates to dotCover for code coverage and dotTrace Performance for performance profiling.
ReSharper 8.2 highlights include:
- Expanded TypeScript support with smart completion, Create From Usage quick fixes and Import Module context action, navigation combos, naming settings, support for generics and compiler defined errors highlighting. For details on these features, please see an earlier post, More TypeScript support in ReSharper 8.2.
- About 140 bug fixes that address issues discovered in prior 8.0.x and 8.1 releases including Quick Documentation fixes and other enhancements.
dotCover 2.7 and dotTrace Performance 5.5.4 are both compatible with ReSharper 8.2. dotCover 2.7 additionally introduces standalone test runner which can be most useful for running manual tests outside Visual Studio, as well as for analyzing coverage snapshots.
IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Released!
We are thrilled to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, an update for our flagship IDE, is now available for download, bringing you full Java 8 support among other notable improvements:
- Java 8: lambdas, method references, type annotations, etc.
- Sublime Text style multiple selection.
- Postfix code completion for Java.
- Chronon integration (back-in-time Java debugger).
- Built-in debugger for JDK 8’s Nashorn and OpenShift cloud.
- Better performance for Spring projects that heavily use XML.
- Improved support for AngularJS and Spy-js.
- Version control improvements: Amend commits for Mercurial, GitHub two-factor authentication, enhanced Log and Diff viewers, and more.
- Better structural search.
The JetBrains Team
TeamCity 8.1 adds simplified setup, VS 2013 support, improved REST API, and more
Whether you’ve crossed to the light side of continuous integration with TeamCity 8 or not, we already have a fresh update for you to make your work even easier. TeamCity 8.1 is available for download, introducing the following major changes:
- Simplified and sometimes ‘automagic’ server and project configuration.
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Subversion 1.8, and Maven 3.1.
- Feature branches auto-merge for Git and Mercurial.
- Many additions to the REST API.
Note that since v8.0, each additional Build Agent License added to TeamCity Professional Server gives you 10 more build configurations. See TeamCity pricing for more details.
The JetBrains Team
YouTrack 5.1 introduces help desk support, @mentions, issue digest and more!
We are glad to announce the release of YouTrack 5.1 — a fresh winter update for our agile issue tracking & project management tool.
YouTrack 5.1 brings a number of great goodies, including:
- Help desk support: send notifications to unregistered users
- Archive projects
- Burndown chart now includes weekends and actual spent time
- Mention a user by @username
- Reply to a comment
- Right-to-left (RTL) support
- Custom notification templates per project
- Issue digest and duplicate cluster digest notification templates
You will also enjoy a set of enhancements, such as:
- Workflow code in-place preview
- Flexible auto-watch (star) configuration
- Drag attachments anywhere
- Sped-up issue history
Keep tracking with pleasure, JetBrains YouTrack team
PyCharm 3.1 is out, totally refined, optimized and supporting Python 3.4 and Django 1.6
We're happy to announce the immediate availability of PyCharm 3.1, a minor update for our intelligent Python IDE that's still full of new features. PyCharm 3.1 is available as a Professional Edition or the free and open-source Community Edition.
Download PyCharm 3.1 for your platform now!
We are sure you'll enjoy many improvements. We've done our best to bring the latest updates and improvements from the Python world and Web technologies to PyCharm while still maintaining the stability and robustness that you have come to expect.
For this new PyCharm 3.1 release we have improved and optimized different parts of PyCharm, including new features from the underlying IntelliJ Platform, which is constantly being enhanced. PyCharm now supports the latest Python 3.4 and Django 1.6, and offers refined Google App Engine support.
Other important changes and new features in this update include:
- Enhanced Vagrant support backed up with provider management and plugin management.
- Local terminal with lots of handy improvements.
- Performance improvements in different subsystems.
- New optimized language injections for formatted and concatenated SQL strings.
- General workflow optimizations, like binary modules skeletons generation moved to background, python interpreter autodetection and no code errors highlighting on interpreter absence. All this allows you to start coding with minimum delay.