Go to Everything/Type
This command combines two different features:
- Go to Everything, which appears first, allows you to navigate to the following destinations: types, symbols, files, recent files, metadata tokens, and recently viewed methods. The list of suggestions appears as soon as you invoke this feature and initially includes your recent files and navigated items.
- Go to Type allows you to navigate to any type.
Using these features you can search items in all assemblies currently loaded in the Assembly Explorer Window and all assemblies referenced from those assemblies.
Note that this command works in global scope, i.e. you do not need to bring your focus to the code viewer to invoke it.
To navigate to everything or to a type
- Press Ctrl+N or choose in the main menu .
- In the Enter type/symbol/file name pop-up list that appears, start typing the item name. As you type, the list of items narrows down, suggesting names that match the entered substring.
- To switch to the Go to Type feature, click the menu command or press the shortcut once again. The Enter type name pop-up list appears where you can specify a type you are looking for.
- Do one of the following:
Case-insensitive CamelHumps is supported here: for example, you can simply type "ch" instead of "ColorHelper". If you want to navigate to a type by its fully qualified name, you can type parts of the name and split them with spaces or dots.
You can also use wildcards when specifying the name: '*' (asterisk) represents zero or more characters; '+' (plus), ':' (semicolon), '.' (dot), and '\' (backslash) separate parts of the type's fully qualified name.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Go to Assembly
- Go to File Member
- Go to Symbol
- Go to Base Symbols
- Go to Derived Symbols
- Go to Declaration
- Go to Implementation
- Go to Type of Symbol
- Go to Usages of Symbol
- Go to Next/Previous Member
- Go to Containing Declaration
- Navigation from Symbols
- Navigate To
- Finding Usages
- Context-Dependent Navigation
- Navigating to Recent Locations