With dotPeek, you can quickly review the documentation on a symbol in the code. Clickable links will help you navigate to related documentation or code.
Position the caret:
- At a symbol in the Code Viewer.
- At a symbol in the File Structure or any other dotPeek tool window.
- Anywhere within a documentation comment.
On the main menu, choose
View | Show Quick Documentation,
pop-up window will display:
- Follow hyperlinks to view related documentation.
Additional capabilities of the Quick Documentation pop-up window include:
- Pin window button that comes in handy whenever you need to preserve the contents of the Quick Documentation window before switching back to the Code Viewer. After you click this button, the window will stay on top of the Code Viewer while you work with other user interface items.
- Browser-like back/forward navigation buttons in the top left corner of the window.
Hyperlinks that let you navigate to documentation for related entities, including:
- read more link that opens a relevant MSDN article in Microsoft Document Explorer whenever documentation for a symbol contains more than a mere summary.
- go to link that navigates you to a symbol declaration .
You can also Ctrl+click any hyperlink to go to the declaration of the corresponding symbol instead of opening its documentation.
For overridden and implemented members, the following convention applies:
- If an overriding/implemented member doesn't have comments but its base member does, base member comments are shown.
- If they both have comments, those of the overriding/implemented member are shown.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.