Navigate | Base Symbols
The Base Symbols command allows you to navigate up the hierarchy to the base type or method of the current symbol. The opposite navigation is available with the Go to Derived Symbols command.
- Place the caret on a usage or declaration of a type or method in the Code Viewer.
- Choose Navigate | Base Symbols on the main menu, or press Ctrl+UAlt+Home.
- If the selected symbol has one base symbol, dotPeek will navigate to it directly.
If the selected symbol has more than one base symbol, they will be listed in the drop-down list.
Do one of the following:
- To view the list of found items in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results or press + on the numeric keypad.
- To navigate directly to a specific item, click on it in the lookup list or select it and press Enter.
You can see when a method overrides, implements, or hides another method by the presence of a special icon (for example, ) that appears at the method declaration on the left margin of the Code Viewer. Hover the mouse over this icon to see the base type for this method; click the icon to navigate up the methods hierarchy.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.