Extensions add extra functionality such as additional context actions, code analyses, support for programming languages, etc. To simplify the process of installing, updating and uninstalling different extensions, dotCover provides a manager that does all annoying and routine operations for you automatically. You can browse all available extensions and install them just with one click.
To install an extension
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the Extension Manager dialog box that opens, check out available extensions.
- Click Install next to the extension you want to add, and then click Install in the bottom of the dialog.
You can get extensions not only from our gallery, but also personal or company-wide extensions, which can be located anywhere. As soon as you add the new source, you can install extensions from this source and there is no difference whether it is local or remote. So if you have a set of extensions developed in your company, there is a need to distribute them publicly.
To add a source to the list of package sources
- Open the Environment | Extension Manager options page.
- Click Add .
- In the Add Package Source dialog box that appears, specify a display name for the new source and a local or remote file system path or a custom NuGet feed.
- Click OK to add a new item to the list of package sources.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let dotCover choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see Managing and Sharing Options.