dotCover allows storing coverage snapshots in .dcvr files.
As soon as you obtain a coverage snapshot after a unit test run or after a manual test session, it opens in a new tab in the Coverage Results Browser or in the Coverage area of the Unit Test Sessions window and stored temporarily until you close the solution.
By default, dotCover suggests you to save unsaved snapshots when you close the snapshot tab or solution. However, you can disable it by clicking Do ont ask anymore in the corresponding dialog. If necessary, you can re-enable it by selecting the Confirm closing unsaved snapshots check-box on the General page of dotCover options.
- Click Save coverage snapshot as on the toolbar of the tab where the snapshot is opened.
- In the dialog box that appears, indicate a folder where the snapshot should be saved and specify a file name.
- Click Save.
- Choose dotCover | Open Coverage Snapshot on the main menu or press Ctrl+Alt+K,O.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify a snapshot file (.dcvr) and click Open.
- The snapshot is opened in the Coverage Results Browser.