Unit test frameworks
If you are using xUnit or MSpec in your unit tests, make sure to download and install the corresponding plug-in to dotCover:
- xunitcontrib-dotcover to run xUnit tests with dotCover.
- Machine.Specifications to run MSpec tests with dotCover.
The dotCover console runner supports any unit test runner that works with .NET assemblies.
dotCover provides coverage analysis of the following types of .NET applications:
- Standalone applications (.NET Framework 1.0 to 4.0)
- Silverlight 4 applications
- ASP.NET WebForms and ASP.NET MVC web applications running under ASP.NET Development Server, IIS, and IIS Express
- Windows services
- WCF service libraries
- Windows Store applications (under Windows 8 only)