Creating a Module from Scratch
On this page:
Creating a new module from scratch
- Open the project you want to add a module to, and select File | New | Module.
first page of the wizard,
in the left-hand pane, select
the module category. This may be the technology that you are going to use,
the platform or runtime that your development is going to target, etc.
The settings in the right-hand part of the page as well as the next steps depend on the selected module category. For corresponding instructions, see:
- Creating a Java Module
- Creating a Project for Plugin Development
- Creating a Maven Module
- Creating a project with a J2ME module
- Creating a Flash module
- Creating a Grails Application Module
- Creating a Gradle Project
- Creating a Griffon Application Module
- Getting Started with Groovy
- Generating a Project from a Framework Template
Opening the New Module wizard
Provided that a project is open in IntelliJ IDEA, you can access the New Module wizard from:
- The main menu: .
- The Project tool window: right-click a module folder and select .
- The Project Structure dialog: in the leftmost pane select Modules, above the pane to the right click and select New Module.