Meet IntelliJ IDEA
Welcome to IntelliJ IDEA help!
JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA is cross-platform. It works on Windows, OS X and Linux and brings the whole range of precise developers tools, all tied together to create the convenient development environment.
- If you are completely new to IntelliJ IDEA, read Discover IntelliJ IDEA . The links in this section will lead you to more detailed instructions.
- Before starting with IntelliJ IDEA, take a look at the essentials, since they are useful for more productive usage of IntelliJ IDEA.
- If you want to learn about the IntelliJ IDEA UI, then take a guided tour. The parts Tool Windows and IntelliJ IDEA Editor tell you everything you need to know to get a grip of these UI elements.
- If you click Help button on a dialog, you will see the reference page that gives descriptions of controls and fields of each dialog.
- Besides the dialog descriptions, the part Reference also keeps miscellaneous important information, like icons reference, index of menu items, version control reference, etc.
- The tutorials for the newbies are in the part Java SE. They help perform the most important basic tasks with IntelliJ IDEA - create and run an application.
- For those who want to learn more about IntelliJ IDEA, the part General Guidelines provides information about creating projects, configuring their structure, output etc.
- The more advanced users will find it useful to read the various sections of the part Language and Framework - Specific Guidelines.
- The part Migration Guides is intended for Eclipse and NetBeans users, who are about to move to IntelliJ IDEA.
- Finally, the part Getting Help tells about using help topics in the online and built-in variants, applying to support service, reporting issues and sharing your feedback.