Packaging JavaFX Applications
You can package your JavaFX application by building the corresponding artifact. For JavaFX applications, IntelliJ IDEA provides a dedicated artifact type (JavaFx Application). One JavaFx Application artifact configuration is created by IntelliJ IDEA automatically if you create a project as described in To create a project for JavaFX application development from scratch.
Alternatively, you can generate an Ant build file, and then use that build file to package your application.
Building an artifact
To build an artifact for your JavaFX application:
- Select . Then, in the popup, select the artifact and select Build.
- Alternatively, you can turn on the Build on make option in the artifact configuration. In that case, an artifact will be built when making the project (e.g. or Ctrl+F9).
By default, the artifact is generated in
Generating and using an Ant build file
- Generate an Ant build file for your project (). For more information, see Generating Ant Build File.
- Make the necessary changes to the generated build file.
- Open the Ant Build tool window (e.g. ), specify the build file to be used and run the necessary target. For more information, see Executing Ant Target.
See also, Ant.