Coding Assistance for REST Development
This feature is only supported in the Ultimate edition.
Besides the common Web services support, IntelliJ IDEA provides the following facilities for developing RESTful Web services:
- Code completion for MIME type.
- Code inspections and quick fixes.
- REST Client tool window for testing RESTful Web services.
Code Inspection and Quick Fixes
|Issue||Default Quick Fix|
|Inconsistency between a method annotation and the method return type: a ||Change to String.|
|Resource methods errors.||Remove |
|Incorrect parameter type.|| Validation for parameters annotated with |
| || |
| Rest |
|Rest References resolve problems.|| References in |
|This method should have only one HTTP method designator.|| Example: |
|WADL configuration errors.|
REST Client Tool Window
Dedicated REST Client tool window supports:
- Constituting URL addresses semiautomatically from the specified Deployment point and the
- Submitting requests to the server.
- Displaying server responses in the Response tab.
- Code integration between the Java code and the contents of the REST Client window controls.
|Change in the Java code||Change in the REST Client tool window|
| ||The contents of the Path to resource drop-down list change.|
| ||The contents of the Accept drop-down list change.|
Last modified: 22 January 2018