Creating and Importing Joomla! Projects
This feature is only supported in the Ultimate edition.
The following is only valid when PHP Plugin is installed and enabled!
To have a IntelliJ IDEA project set up and configured in accordance with the Joomla! requirements, you can either create a project by a dedicated Joomla! template or import and existing Joompla! project.
In this section:
- How do I create a IntelliJ IDEA project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- How do I import a Joomla! project?
How do I create a IntelliJ IDEA project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- Choose Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The Project Category and Options dialog opens. on the main menu or click
- In the left-hand pane, click PHP from the list, then choose Joomla! Integration in the right-hand pane, and then click Next.
- On the second page of the wizard, specify the project name and the folder where it will be created.
- Specify the root folder of the Joomla! installation in the Joomla! installation path. Type the path manually or click the Browse button and select the relevant folder in the dialog box that opens.
- Select the desired Joomla! project type (component, module, or plugin).
How do I import a Joomla! project?
Besides creating a project anew according to the Joomla! template, you can open an existing Joomla! project in IntelliJ IDEA. IntelliJ IDEA recognizes the Joomla!-specific structure and suggests activating the Joomla! support in project.
- Open the folder with the Joomla! project
Choose File | Open Directory on the main menu, then select the required foler in the dialog box that opens.
- Enable Joomla! support in the project
As soon as IntelliJ IDEA detects the Joomla!-specific structure in the project, the following Joomla! Support message is displayed in a pop-up window: Click Enable.
- Configure PSR roots
As soon as IntelliJ IDEA detects PSR roots, it displays a message. Choose Automatic configuration.
- Install DocBlock templates
Click Install in the pop-up message that IntelliJ IDEA displays.