Opening the Difference Viewer
Do one of the following:
- Keeping the Ctrl key pressed, click two directories in the Project tool window, and choose on the context menu of the selection, or press N/A.
- Select a directory in the Project tool window, choose Compare with on the context menu of the selection, or press N/A, and then select the second directory in the dialog that opens.
Comparing two folders in the Difference Viewer
- Configure the layout of the Items List. Use the toolbar buttons to narrow down or widen the set of items to show. For example, show or hide files that exist in just one of the directories, equal files, or different files, etc.
- Specify the parameter for comparison. In the Compare by drop-down list, select one of the possible options (contents, size, or time stamp).
- Filter the folders' contents. To do that, type filtering string in the Filter text field, and press N/A to apply it. Using the asterisk
*wildcard to represent any number of characters is welcome.
- To switch to another pair of folders to compare, update the fully qualified paths to them. Click the Browse button next to the Paths read-only fields and choose the required folders in the dialog box that opens.
- Explore the detected differences between files in the Differences Pane.
Synchronizing contents of folders
- For each pair of items, in the * field specify the action to apply. Click the icon in the field until the required action is set.
- Do one of the following:
- To synchronize the currently selected item, click the Synchronize Selected button on the toolbar.
- To synchronize all the items, click the Synchronize All button on the toolbar.
Last modified: 6 December 2017