Debugging iOS Apps with Reveal
AppCode comes with the support for Reveal - a great tool that can be very helpful in debugging iOS applications. It lets you edit and modify views in your running application on the fly, without recompiling; inspect view elements and hierarchies of your iOS apps in real time with 2D and 3D visualisations, and quickly debug view layout and rendering problems.
AppCode's Reveal integration allows you to use its features right from the IDE. The integration is provided via a plugin and is open source under Apache 2.0 license.
AppCode can work with Reveal 1.0.4 or higher. If Reveal is installed, you can configure it in the AppCode's Run/Debug Configuration dialog.
To Configure Reveal
- Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by doing one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Click the run/debug configurations selector on the main toolbar.
- Press ⌃⌥R, then press 0 to display the Edit Configuration dialog box or select the configuration from the pop-up window and press ⌘↓.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, go to the Reveal tab
- Select the desired options and click OK
To inspect your application with Reveal
- Select the run/debug configuration to execute, and then do one of the following:
- Click the Debug button on the toolbar.
- Choose on the main menu.
- Press ⌃D.
- Press the Show in Reveal button on the AppCode Debug toobar:
The Reveal interface will be displayed: