On this page:
Shelving is temporarily storing not yet committed changes in a dedicated shelf. This may be helpful, for example, when you need to switch to another urgent task, but you are short of time to bring your current code to a certain condition.
With PhpStorm, you can shelve both entire changelists or separate files.
By default, PhpStorm always "remembers" the last commit hash. However, this information is not sufficient if the history has been changed since the last commit as a result of running the Rebase operation. In this case, having a copy of the base revision may help.
- In the Local Changes tab of the Version Control Tool Window tool window, select the files or changelist to put to ashelf. On the main Version Control menu or on the context menu of the selection, chooseShelve changes.
- In the Shelve Changes dialog box, review the list of changed files and make sure that the files to be put to a shelf are checked out.
- In the Commit Message text box, type the comment to identify the shelf where the changes will be stored.
- Click Shelve changes.
Shelving base revision automatically
- Open the Settings dialog box, and click Version Control.
- On the Version Control page, select the Store on shelf base revision texts of files under DVCS check box.