On this page:
- In this section
- Full coding assistance:
- Code Generation
- Generating code stubs based on file templates during file creation.
- Possibility to create line and block comments (Ctrl+Slash/Ctrl+Shift+Slash).
- Unwrapping and removing statements.
- Building type hierarchies and viewing type hierarchies .
- Numerous ways to navigate through the source code, among them Navigating with Structure Views, Show/Goto Implementation (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class, etc.
- Advanced facilities for searching through the source code.
- Support of the JSDoc format and generating documentation comments.
- Viewing reference information:
Running and debugging.
- Launching applications directly from PhpStorm by opening the starting application HTML page in the default PhpStorm browser.
- A dedicated debug configuration for launching debugging sessions directly from PhpStorm.
- Tight integration with related frameworks and technologies.
- Create a project to implement your application.
Install the project dependencies via the Node Package Manager by doing one of the following:
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S or by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS, and click Node.js and NPM under Languages & Frameworks.
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, the Packages area shows all the Node.js-dependent packages that are currently installed on your computer, both at the global and at the project level. Click .
- In the Available Packages dialog box that opens, select the required package.
- Optionally specify the product version and click Install Package to start installation.
package.jsonfile in the editor or in the Project tool window and choose Run 'npm install' on the context menu.
Open the built-in Terminal () and run the
npm install <required_package>commands.
- Install the required packages on the Node.js and NPM page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog.
For details, see Node Package Manager (npm).
- Populate the project. Use the following PhpStorm facilities, where applicable:
- Run your application by opening its starting HTML page in the PhpStorm default browser.
Debug your application in the Google Chrome browser.