On this page:
- In this section
- Full coding assistance:
- Code Generation
- Generating code stubs based on file templates during file creation.
- Possibility to create line and block comments (Ctrl+Slash/Ctrl+Shift+Slash).
- Unwrapping and removing statements.
- Building type hierarchies and viewing type hierarchies.
- Numerous ways to navigate through the source code, among them Navigating with Structure Views, Show/Goto Implementation (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class, etc.
- Advanced facilities for searching through the source code.
- Support of the JSDoc format and generating documentation comments.
- Viewing reference information:
Running and debugging.
- Tight integration with related frameworks and technologies.
- Create a project to implement your application.
- Install the project dependencies via the Node Package Manager by doing one of the following:
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S or by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS, and click Node.js and NPM under Languages & Frameworks.
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, the Packages area shows all the Node.js-dependent packages that are currently installed on your computer, both at the global and at the project level. Click .
- In the Available Packages dialog box that opens, select the required package.
- Optionally specify the product version and click Install Package to start installation.
- Right-click the
package.jsonfile in the editor or in the Project tool window and choose Run 'npm install' on the context menu.
- Open the built-in Terminal () and run the
npm install <required_package>commands.
- Install the required packages on the Node.js and NPM page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog.
For details, see NPM.
- Populate the project. Use the following PhpStorm facilities, where applicable:
- Run your application by opening its starting HTML page in the PhpStorm default browser.
- Debug your application in the Google Chrome browser.