Reporting Issues and Sharing Your Feedback
PhpStorm provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
- Locating PhpStorm log
- Configuring PhpStorm log settings
- Reporting issues
- Sharing feedback
- Seeking assistance
Locating PhpStorm log
On certain occasions, you will be required to attach the PhpStorm log to an email to the support service. You can easily locate the log file as described below.
Configuring PhpStorm log settings
To avoid editing the
log.xml file itself, PhpStorm suggests a handy dialog box to change logging level for a category.
This file resides under the
bin directory of PhpStorm installation.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
log.xml, keep in mind the following:
- It is not recommended to change
log.xml, because from time to time it causes problems with patches.
log.xmlshould be done in tight contact with the support service. The reason is that the users might be unaware of the modules names to be specified, while the support service can suggest modules for the better diagnostics.
- Open the PhpStorm tracking system at
If you are not yet registered, please do so.
- Click Create issue.
- On the page that opens, choose PhpStorm from the Project drop-down list.
- Describe your problem and provide a brief summary of it in the Description and Summary fields respectively.
- If necessary, attach a screenshot that illustrates your problem.
- Click Create issue when ready.
To share your feedback, do one of the following:
, which redirects you to the online feedback form.
This form enables you to create a PhpStorm-specific YouTrack issue.
- For release versions, the menu item opens the http://www.jetbrains.com/feedback/feedback.jsp page.
- For EAP builds, the menu item opens the http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/PhpStorm/PhpStorm+Early+Access+Program page.
To find assistance, do one of the following:
- Apply to the JetBrains Support
Write to the support service. Use the following address:
If necessary, attach the source code and the PhpStorm log.
- On the main menu, choose . The Settings Summary dialog box opens.
- From the Issue Type drop-down list, choose the subsystem in which you encountered a problem, the available options are:
- To save the summary to clipboard, click Copy.
- Ask the PhpStorm community .