Uploading and Downloading Files
On this page:
- Uploading files and folders
- Downloading files and folders
Uploading files and folders
PhpStorm provides the following main ways to upload project files and folders to a deployment server:
- Manually, at any time through a menu command.
- Automatically, every time a file is updated, or before starting a debugging session, or during commit to your version control system.
To upload a file or folder manually:
To upload a file or folder to the default server manually:
To upload application sources automatically before every debugging session:
- Create a run/debug configuration of the required type.
- In the Before launch area, click and choose Upload files to Remote Host from the list.
- In the Upload to Remote Host dialog that opens:
To upload checked-in files immediately after commit:
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, choose the target server from the Upload file to drop-down list. Choose one of the existing server access configurations or create a new one: click the Browse button and configure access to the relevant server in the Deployment dialog box that opens.
- To have PhpStorm automatically upload checked in files to the chosen server, select the Always use selected server check box.
To configure automatic upload of changed files to the default server:
- Open the Options dialog box: Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S or by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS. Expand the Build, Execution, Deployment node, and then click Options under Deployment.
- In the Upload changed files automatically to the default server drop-down list, specify when you want PhpStorm to upload changed files:
Downloading files and folders
Last modified: 5 May 2017