Creating and Saving Temporary Run/Debug Configurations
Sometimes you might need to run or debug a script, an application, or a test , without creating a dedicated run configuration. In this case, PyCharm provides a temporary run configuration.
Temporary run/debug configuration is added to the list of available configurations and works same way as the permanent run/debug configurations. You can change its settings using the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box and optionally save it as permanent.
To create a temporary run configuration
- Select the desired script in the Project tool window or open it in the editor.
- Do one pf the following:
- On the context menu, choose or .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F10.
PyCharm creates a temporary configuration, which appears in the Run/Debug Configuration selector, when the run or debug session is over.
To save a temporary configuration, do one of the following
- In the Run/Debug Configuration selector, choose .
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click the button.
- On the context menu of the editor or Project view, choose .