This section describes the procedures that are common for various types of applications.
For details on debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to Language and Framework Specific Guidelines.
PyCharm provides a full range of facilities for debugging your source code:
- Breakpoints in Python.
- Customizable breakpoint properties: conditions, pass count, etc.
- Frames, variables, and watches views in the debugger UI.
- Runtime evaluation of expressions.
General debugging steps
- Configure the debugger options.
- To debug CoffeeScript, TypeScript, and
Dart code, you need source maps generated in addition to the
- Define a run/debug configuration for the application to be debugged.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch a debugging session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly , examine suspended program, explore frames, and set watches .
After you've started a debug session, the icon that marks the Debug tool window toggles to to indicate that the debug process is active.