Creating Web2Py Project
Web2Py project in intended for productive development of Web2Py applications. PyCharm takes care of creating the specific directory structure, and settings.
To create a Web2Py project, follow these steps
- On the main menu, choose , or click the New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Python interpreter to be used for the project.
If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click the browse button to review the available interpreters and virtual environments, and configure the new ones.
- Project type Web2Py project.
- Click OK.
In the Web2Py Project Settings dialog box, specify the following:
- Name of the Web2Py application.
- The way you are going to use Web2Py sources: download the sources now, or use the already downloaded sources.
- In the latter case, specify the path to the directory, where the sources are stored.
PyCharm creates an application and produces specific directory structure, which you can explore in the Project tool window. Besides that, PyCharm creates a folder with an application that gets the name specified in the Web2Py Project Settings dialog box, which provides a simple "Hello, World!" example.