Test Runner Tab
In this section:
- The Run toolbar is almost the same as that for the Run tool window, but features testing-specific buttons.
- The left-hand pane shows the tree view of all tests within the current run/debug
- The root node represents the test selected to run.
- The nested nodes represent the hierarchy of test suites and test cases.
- The leaf nodes represent the individual tests.
The status of each test is indicated by an icon. Double-click a node to open the respective test class or test method in the editor.
- The testing toolbar provides controls that enable you to monitor the tests and analyze results. Some of the commands are duplicated on the context menus of the test tree nodes.
- The Output pane shows the output of the current test suit.
- The inline statistics show the list of executed tests with the execution time of each test.
- The color of the status bar indicates whether the tests have passed successfully. If at least one of the tests fails, the status bar turns red.
Test status icons
This pane shows output of each test, generated at runtime, including all the messages sent to the output stream, and the error messages. The following table shows the toolbar buttons and context menu commands available for the Output pane.
|Up the Stack Trace|
|Click this button to navigate up in the stack trace and have the cursor jump to the corresponding location in the source code.|
|Down the Stack Trace|
|Click this button to navigate down in the stack trace and have the cursor jump to the corresponding location in the source code.|
|Use Soft Wraps||Click this button to toggle the soft wrap mode of the output.|
|Scroll to the end||Click this button to navigate to the bottom of the stack trace and have the cursor jump to the corresponding location in the source code.|
|Click this button to configure printing out the console output in the Print dialog box that opens.|
|Clear All||Choose this item on the context menu to have all messages for the selected test deleted.|
|Copy Content||Ctrl+C||Choose this item on the context menu to have the current contents of the Output pane placed to the Clipboard.|
|Compare with Clipboard||Choose this item on the context menu to invoke the Differences Viewer for Files which shows the current contents of the Clipboard in the left-hand pane and the contents of the Output pane for the selected test in the right-hand pane.|
Context menu commands
|View assertEquals Difference||Alt+Enter||Choose this command to show the Differences viewer for the strings
This command is only available when an assertion has failed.