Configuring Content Roots
Any project contains at least one content root created together with the project.
You can create additional content roots as well as remove the unnecessary ones.
Creating a content root
- Open the Project Structure settings.
- In the Projects pane of the Project Structure page, click the project you want to configure content roots for.
- In the Content roots of the Project Structure page, click the Add Content Root button .
- In the dialog that opens, locate the desired directory and click OK.
Removing a content root
Specifying folder categories
Here is how you assign a folder to a different category. In a similar way, you can assign a folder to any other category. This can be done both in the Project tool window and on the Project Structure page of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
To assign a category to a folder in the Project tool window, follow these steps
- Open the Project tool window (e.g. ).
- Select the folder that you want to assign to a certain category.
- In the context menu, point to Mark Directory As and select the desired category.
In a similar way you can change the folder category at a later time. (Just select a different category from the context menu.)
To cancel the folder association with its current category (i.e. to make a folder an "ordinary" folder ), select Unmark as <current_category> Root. (e.g. Unmark as Test Sources Root).
To assign a category to a folder in the Project Structure page, follow these steps
- Open Project Structure page of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
- Select the folder you want to assign a category to.
- Click the category button, for example, .
Excluding files and folders by name patterns
You can make files and folders excluded by specifying the name patterns. Use the Exclude files field to specify the patterns.