Structural Search and Replace - General Procedure
This section outlines the general SSR procedure. Refer to the section Structural Search and Replace Examples for typical use cases.
To find and replace source code structurally
- On the main menu, choose , or .
- In the dialog box that opens, define the search template.
Refer to the section Creating and Editing Search Templates for the detailed description of procedure.
- In case of the structural replace, specify the replacement pattern, and define variable constraints as required.
- Specify the search and replace options, in particular, the number of occurrences to be matched, and the type of files to be analyzed.
- Specify the scope to perform the structural search and replace in. To do that, click the down arrow in the Scope list, and select one of the pre-defined scopes, or click the ellipsis button, and configure the desired scope in the Scopes dialog box.
- Click Find. The detected occurrences are displayed in the Find tool window.
Please note that in case of replacement, you can select the desired matches in the search results and click the Preview Replacement button. The corresponding occurrence is highlighted in the source code.