Viewing and Exploring Test Results
Depending on the selected node in the tree view of tests, the Test Runner displays information on the various levels. In the Test Runner, you can view statistics of the tests, navigate to stacktrace, show or hide successful tests, and more.
Use the Testing toolbar to control visual representation of the test results.
The Statistics tab shows information about the elapsed time and memory usage of each test.
To view statistics, click on the Testing toolbar to reveal the drop-down menu, and then click the Show Statistics check command.
The values displayed in the Statistics tab are not accurate and only give an approximate estimate of the test performance. For example, if a garbage collector works during the test run, the memory usage shown in the Statistics tab is wrong.
- The Run toolbar is almost the same as that for the Run tool window, but features testing-specific buttons.
- The left-hand pane shows the tree view of all tests within the current run/debug configuration.
- The root node represents the test selected to run.
- The nested nodes represent the hierarchy of test suites and test cases.
- The leaf nodes represent the individual tests.
The status of each test is indicated by an icon. Double-click a node to open the respective test class or test method in the editor.
- The testing toolbar provides controls that enable you to monitor the tests and analyze results. Some of the commands are duplicated on the context menus of the test tree nodes.
- The Output pane shows the output of the current test suit.
- The inline statistics show the list of executed tests with the execution time of each test.
- The color of the status bar indicates whether the tests have passed successfully. If at least one of the tests fails, the status bar turns red.
If a unit test contains string
assertEquals failures, the test runner provides the ability to view differences between the compared strings. Choose the on the context menu of the failed test that contains
assertEquals, and explore differences in the Differences viewer: