In this section:
Rails framework should be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- RubyMine supports Rails framework versions from 1.2 to 5
- Rails 3.x requires Ruby 1.8.6 or higher.
- Rails 4 requires Ruby 1.9.x or higher.
- Rails 5 requires Ruby 2.2.2 or higher.
Rails support in RubyMine includes:
- Dedicated project types, where the desired Rails version is defined.
- Special Rails view to represent the logical structure of a Rails application.
- Rails generators.
- Means of navigation between Rails components.
- Possibility to run Rake tasks.
- Possibility to define object-relational mappings.
- Analysis of the models and their relationships with Model Dependency diagram.
- Complete editing assistance (syntax and error highlighting, code completion for Rails application elements and Rake tasks)
- Rails-aware refactorings (Rename Refactorings, Extract Partial, etc.).
- Rails console, where you can execute Rails commands without leaving the IDE.
- Sprockets are supported.
Last modified: 1 September 2016