In this section:
rbenvis installed on your computer.
- Ruby interpreters are installed.
rbenvRuby interpreters installed in the default
rbenvis incompatible with
rvm! Any references to
rvmshould be removed before using
rbenv versions up to the latest.
rbenv is intended for *NIX and OS X.
At startup, RubyMine scans your
~/.rbenv folder , and automatically configures SDK's for each Ruby interpreter
. The detected interpreters are shown in the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
RubyMine also detects newly installed
"on-the-fly". On reopening the Settings dialog,
you will find updates in the Ruby SDK and Gems page.
Support for rbenv-gemsets plugin
RubyMine supports rbenv-gemsets plugin for *NIX and OS X.
- The gemsets are shown as the children of
rbenvSDK. When a gemset is selected, its gems are shown to the right,
rbenvSDK with gemsets is selected, then all the gems of this SDK and the gemsets are shown.
- RubyMine provides libraries for gems from the current gemset list (
rbenv-gemsets') including the default 'global' gemset
- RubyMine invokes all commands with the environment of the specified gemsets and selected SDK (
$ RBENV_GEMSETS="gemset1 gemset2" RBENV_VERSION="1.9.3-p125" #command
- RubyMine provides code completion for the current SDK gemsets in the