Configuring Remote Interpreters via SSH
In this section:
sshserver should run on a remote host, since RubyMine runs remote interpreter via ssh-session.
- If you want to copy your sources to a remote computer, create a deployment configuration, as described in the section Creating a Remote Server Configuration.
Configuring remote Ruby interpreter via SSH credentials
To configure a remote Ruby interpreter via SSH credentials
- In the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the Settings/Preferences dialog box, click .
- From the drop-down list, choose
- In the dialog box Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter, click the radio-button
Mind the suggestion to install
RSyncto speed up the download process. For details, refer to the section Using RSync for Downloading Remote Gems.
- In the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box, fill in the server information (host, port, etc.)
- The Ruby interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Ruby executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box.
- Back in the Ruby SDK and Gems
page, if necessary, configure the path mappings:
- Click :
- In the dialog box that opens add () or delete () path mappings as desired.
Last modified: 23 March 2017