Creating Folders and Grouping Run/Debug Configurations
When there are too many run/debug configurations of the same type, you can put them into directories, and thus make them visually distinguishable.
Folders area used to organize run/debug configurations. When not needed, they can be deleted, and the run/debug configurations under those folders just pass under the root of the corresponding type.
Once grouped, the run/debug configurations appear in the drop-down list under the corresponding folders:
Creating folders of run/debug configurations
To create a folder of run/debug configurations
- Open Run/Debug Configuration dialog box.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click on the toolbar. A new empty folder is created.
- Specify the folder name in the text field to the right, or accept default.
- Select the desired run/debug configuration of a certain type, and move under the target folder. This can be done in one of the following ways:
- Apply changes. Note that the folders of run/debug configurations should not be empty. The empty folders are not saved.
To delete a folder
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, select a folder to be deleted.
- On the toolbar, click . The selected folder is deleted silently. Any run/debug configurations grouped under this folder, are moved under the root of the corresponding type.
- Apply changes.
Changing order of folders
To move folders up or down
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, select one of the folders within a category of run/debug configurations.
- Do one of the following:
The folder in question moves one position up or down.
- Apply changes.
After closing the dialog box, groups of run/debug configurations in the run/debug configurations selector on the main toolbar appear in the order achieved by moving folders up or down within a category.