General Techniques of Using Diagrams
In this section:
- Selecting elements in diagram.
- Managing diagram layout.
- Zooming in and out.
- Using the magnifier tool.
- Navigating to source code.
- Invoking refactoring commands.
- Finding usages of the selected node element.
To select elements in diagram
- To select an element, just click it in diagram.
- To select multiple adjacent elements, keep Shift pressed and click the desired elements, or just drag a lasso around the elements to be selected.
- To select multiple non-adjacent elements, keep Ctrl+Shift pressed and click the desired elements.
- To select a member of a node element, double-click the node element, and then use the arrow keys, or the mouse pointer.
To manage diagram layout
To zoom in and out, do one of the following
- Use the and toolbar buttons.
- Keeping Ctrl key pressed, rotate your mouse wheel up or down.
- Press NumPad+ or NumPad-.
To use the magnifier tool
- Keep the Alt key pressed, and hover your mouse pointer over the most interesting, or problematic areas of the diagram.
To jump from an element in diagram to the underlying source code
Last modified: 21 July 2017