Working with Diagrams
In this part:
Before you start working with UML diagrams, make sure that the UML Support plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with RubyMine and is activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
UML model in RubyMine is represented by a Class diagram in standard notation.
RubyMine enables using UML class diagrams to analyze Ruby classes, and the structure of the databases and tables. Besides that, you can explore changes committed to VCS.
In RubyMine, Class diagram features:
- Ability to view UML model as a diagram in a separate editor tab, in a pop-up window, or as a preview.
- Ability to invoke UML class diagram from the Project, Structure, Database, Version Control tool windows, the History tab of the Version Control tool window, and Navigation bar.
In the editor, one can view class diagram for the whole class.
- Navigation from a diagram element to the underlying source code.
- Refactorings: Rename, Move, Extract Superclass, Extract Module
- Navigation to class, file or symbol by name and to the last edit location.
- Viewing class information at the tooltip, and quick documentation lookup.
- Viewing changed classes as a UML Class diagram.
- Quick hierarchy view in a UML Class diagram pop-up window.
- Ability to find usages of a node element or member.
- ability to configure default settings for UML Class diagram.