As an example we'll outline the Upsource installation requirements for Amazon EC2, since it's one of the most popular cloud solutions at the moment. For easy service setup and trouble-free Upsource installation we encourage you to read EC2 documentation as well.
- You can choose any platform: Linux, Mac, or Windows.
- The EC2 instance type you select should be M3.large or higher, depending on your repository size.
- When configuring EC2 security group, add a custom rule with the following parameters:
- Protocol to allow: TCP
- Port to allow: XXXX (Specify the default Upsource port (80 for Windows, 8080 for Linux and Mac), unless it's taken or you want to use a different port for other reasons. In this case you'll have to change it for Upsource as well (Step 4).
- Install Upsource, then prior to starting it, configure the base URL (the URL for end users to access your Upsource installation) and port by running the following command:
<upsource_home>\bin\upsource.bat configure --listen-port XXXX --base-url http://upsource.mydomain.com:XXXX
--listen-portshould match the port that you've specified for EC2 rule in Step 3. Skip, if you've specified the default Upsource port in Step 3.
--base-urlshould match the public DNS name of your EC2 instance.
- You are ready to run Upsource.