Duplicates Tool Window
On this page:
Panes of the Duplicates tool window
The window consists of the following panes:
- The left pane displays the tree view of the duplicate fragments of source code.
Each node shows the following information:
- The number of duplicated code fragments found in scope.
- The 'cost' of the duplicate (which is an arbitrary unit calculated using an additive algorithm on the base of the code block size; generally, the larger is the code fragment, the higher is its cost).
- The containing class where the duplicates are located.
- The right pane shows the differences between the duplicated fragments of source code, selected in the left pane.
|F7 / Shift+F7||Move to the nxt/previous difference|
|Whitespace||Use this drop-down list to define how the differences viewer should treat white spaces in the text.
|Highlighting mode||Select the way differences granularity is highlighted. |
The available options are:
|Jump to Source
|Click this button to open the file in the active pane in the editor. The caret will be placed in the same position as in the Duplicates tool window.|
|Synchronize scrolling||Click this button to simultaneously scroll both differences panes; if this button is released, each of the panes can be scrolled independently.|
|Editor settings||Click this button to reveal the drop-down list of available check commands. Select or clear these
check commands to show or hide line numbers, indentation guides, white spaces, and soft wraps.
Note that same commands are duplicated in the context menu of the differences viewer gutter. Right-click the gutter to show the menu of check commands.
Context menu commands
Last modified: 20 July 2016