In this section:
WebStorm provides CoffeeScript support.
*.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding
assistance without any additional steps from your side.
CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
Preparing for CoffeeScript development
- Make sure the CoffeeScript and Node.js plugins are enabled. The plugins are bundled with WebStorm and activated by default. If the plugins are not activated, enable them on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
Configure the Node.js interpreter in WebStorm:
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by choosing for Windows and Linux or for OS X, and click Node.js and NPM under Languages&Frameworks.
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- CoffeeScript-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: