Welcome to WebStorm help!
WebStorm is lightweight yet powerful Integrated Development Environment perfectly equipped for complex client-side development and server-side development with Node.js.
- On-the-fly code analysis, error highlighting, and quick fixes.
- Powerful navigation across the project and advanced refactorings.
- Support for modern frameworks: AngularJS, React, Meteor, Express and more.
- Built-in debugger for the client-side code and Node.js.
- Integration with the build tools (Grunt, Gulp), code quality tools (JSHint, JSLint, ESLint, JSCS), test runners (Karma, Mocha) and VCS (Git, GitHub, Mercurial, SVN).
- VCS Integrations: out-of-the-box support for Subversion, Perforce, Git, and CVS with changelists and merge.
For the newbies
- If you are completely new to WebStorm, read Quick Start Guide . The links in this section will lead you to more detailed instructions.
- Before starting with WebStorm, take a look at the essentials, since they are useful for more productive usage of WebStorm.
- If you want to learn about the WebStorm UI, then take a guided tour. The parts Tool Windows and WebStorm Editor tell you everything you need to know to get a grip of these UI elements.
- The tutorials for the newbies are in the part First Steps. They help perform the most important basic tasks with WebStorm - create and run an application.
- If you click Help button on a dialog, you will see the reference page that gives descriptions of controls and fields of each dialog.
- Besides the dialog descriptions, the part Reference also keeps miscellaneous important information, like icons reference, index of menu items, version control reference, etc.
- Finally, the part Getting Help tells about using help topics in the online and built-in variants, applying to support service, reporting issues and sharing your feedback.
For advanced users
- For those who want to learn more about WebStorm, the part General Guidelines provides information about creating projects, configuring their structure, output etc.
- The part Tutorials contains the detailed step-by-step tutorials, which will lead you through the specific tasks.