Reporting Issues and Sharing Your Feedback
WebStorm provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
- Locating WebStorm log
- Configuring WebStorm log settings
- Reporting issues
- Sharing feedback
- Seeking assistance
Locating WebStorm log
On certain occasions, you will be required to attach the WebStorm log to an email to the support service. You can easily locate the log file as described below.
Configuring WebStorm log settings
To avoid editing the
log.xml file itself, WebStorm suggests a handy dialog box to change logging level for a category.
This file resides under the
bin directory of WebStorm installation.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
log.xml, keep in mind the following:
- It is not recommended to change
log.xml, because from time to time it causes problems with patches.
log.xmlshould be done in tight contact with the support service. The reason is that the users might be unaware of the modules names to be specified, while the support service can suggest modules for the better diagnostics.
- Open the WebStorm tracking system at
If you are not yet registered, please do so.
- Click Create issue.
- On the page that opens, choose WebStorm from the Project drop-down list.
- Describe your problem and provide a brief summary of it in the Description and Summary fields respectively.
- If necessary, attach a screenshot that illustrates your problem.
- Click Create issue when ready.
To share your feedback, do one of the following:
, which redirects you to the online feedback form.
This form enables you to create a WebStorm-specific YouTrack issue.
- Click the Comments link on each page of online version of the WebStorm documentation. In the Comments area, vote for the page, and leave your comments.
To find assistance, do one of the following: