The Professional Android IDE
Free and Open Source IDE for Android Development
Being the most intelligent IDE for Java IntelliJ IDEA provides out-of-the-box Android support that includes intelligent coding assistance, for professional development of Android applications.
Android support is available in IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate and IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition.
What's New in IntelliJ IDEA 13
- The editor and UI designer improvements
- Gradle-based build system
- Embedded Database Access
Powerful Code Editing
Focused on developer productivity, IntelliJ IDEA offers the most intelligent coding assistance for Android files and Java.
- The smartest code completion
- Profound navigation between project files
- Advanced and safe refactorings
- Resources preview
On-the-fly Code Analysis
Static code analysis is performed by IntelliJ IDEA on the fly. The editor highlights warnings and errors in the code immediately as you type and allow to apply a quick-fix automatically.
- Programming with intentions and quick-fixes
- Support for Android Lint checks
- Shared inspection profiles
- Custom inspections
Built-in Android Tools
IntelliJ IDEA gives you a nice and seamless integration with Android tools so you can do everything without leaving your favourite IDE.
- Powerful UI Designer with drag-n-drop and support for for different layouts and screen sizes
- Logcat integration with search and custom filters
- DDMS, Hierarchy Viewer and Draw 9 Patch integration
- Runner and debugger for emulators and real devices
Out-of-the-box Feature Set
IntelliJ IDEA includes comprehensive set of tools which work out-of-the-box and make your development more productive.
- Support for Maven and Gradle
- Built-in tools for unit testing and coverage
- VCS tools with Git, GitHub, SVN and others
- Tasks and context management