Application Servers Integration
IntelliJ IDEA tightly integrates with the wide variety of popular Web application servers for seamless and efficient debugging and deployment of your Web applications:
- Apache Tomcat versions 4.0–7.0
- Bea Systems WebLogic versions 7.0–12.1.1
- IBM WebSphere versions 5.1–8.0
- JBoss versions 4.2–7.0.2
- Geronimo versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and 2.1
- GlassFish versions 2 and 3
- Resin 3 and 4
- Jetty versions 6–8.1
You can use run/debug configurations to specify the debugging and deployment environment settings and that let you create the environment that completely fits your application and its requirements.
Web application server support features include:
- Fully featured debugging of Java and JSP files with breakpoints, step-by-step execution, evaluating expressions, etc.
- Automatic deployment and removal of Web, JavaEE, and EJB modules to and from supported servers.
- Supported servers management — starting and stopping local server instances, managing remote server connections.
- Dedicated support for EJB on WebLogic server: editors for specific EJB descriptors, datasource management and configuration.