The Top Choice Grails IDE
The Most Intelligent IDE for Groovy and Grails Development
IntelliJ IDEA offers advanced support and a lot of productivity-boosting features for Grails, allowing you to develop, run and debug applications efficiently directly from the IDE.
Support for Grails support is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate.
Find how to get started with Grails and Groovy in IntelliJ IDEA with our tutorial.
What's New in IntelliJ IDEA 13
- Support for Grails 2.3.x
- Minor enhancements and bugfixes
Intelligent Code Assistance
IntelliJ IDEA provides the most intelligent code assistance for editing Java, Groovy and GSP files.
- The smartest code completion
- Easy navigation between project files
- Advanced and safe refactorings
- Grails-specific code generation
Code Quality Tracking
Static code analysis is performed by IntelliJ IDEA on the fly. The IDE detects problems in your code as you type and immediately suggests you a quick-fix.
- On-the-fly code analysis
- Intentions and quick-fixes
- Shared inspection profiles
- Custom inspections
IntelliJ IDEA includes amazing set of tools which work out-of-the-box and make development more productive.
- Support for Maven, Gradle, Gant and Ant
- Unit testing and coverage tools with support for JUnit, TestNG, Spock and Cucumber
- VCS tools with Git, GitHub, SVN and others
- Database tools, SQL and JPA support
- Support for HTML, CSS and Emmet
- Built-in support for LESS and Sass frameworks