The Best Groovy IDE
The Most Intelligent IDE for Groovy and Grails Development
In addition to being the most intelligent Java IDE, IntelliJ IDEA does provide out-of-the-box support and productivity code assistance for Groovy and Grails development.
Support for Groovy is available in free and open-source IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition. Grails support is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate.
Check out these tutorials on how to use IntelliJ IDEA for developing Groovy and Grails applications.
IntelliJ IDEA is focused on raising your productivity by providing the most intelligent code assistance that spares you from the tedious routine and saves your time.
- Context-sensitive and type inference-aware completion
- Advanced and safe refactorings
- Profound navigation
- Live templates
Static code analysis is performed by IntelliJ IDEA on the fly. The IDE detects problems in your code as you type and immediately suggests you a quick-fix.
- On-the-fly code analysis
- Intentions and quick-fixes
- Shared inspection profiles
- Custom inspections
IntelliJ IDEA includes amazing set of tools which work out-of-the-box and make development more productive.
- Support for Maven, Gradle, Gant and Ant
- Unit testing and coverage tools with support for JUnit, TestNG, Spock and Cucumber
- VCS tools with Git, GitHub, SVN and others
- Groovy to Java converter
- Built-in Groovy shell
Groovy for Enterprise
If you develop real-world enterprise applications, IntelliJ IDEA is your best choice thanks to it's outstanding support for the cutting-edge web frameworks and database tools.
- Support for Grails, Griffon and Spring Frameworks
- Database tools and SQL support