With IntelliJ IDEA 7 you take the full advantage of smart, productivity-boosting, developer-assisting features while developing the Web Services applications. Intelligent coding assistance, with smart completion, on-the-fly code inspections that hunt down code problems plus instant quick-fixes to solve them right away, rich set of refactorings, enhanced debugger — everything you got used to while working with Java code, plus live templates, complete WSDL and WADL support, wide variety of engines to choose from (Apache Axis, JAXWS, Glassfish, and more), JAXB and XMLBeans support with automatic code generation, everything tied together, making up the perfect environment for both server and client-side Web Services application development.
Read Web Services with IntelliJ IDEA tutorial.
Smart code completion, aware of Web Services specifics, in:
- XML code
- Java code
- XML code with resolution of Java classes
- Numerous code inspections with quick-fixes, that work across Java and XML code
- Smart navigation with Project and Structure views, plus active gutter icons
- Numerous refactorings for upgrading your code
- Live templates and intention actions
- One-click deployment of Web Services from Java classes, with generating all required code
- Remote debugging with supported application servers
- Automatic code generation:
- WSDL or WADL from Java code
- Java code from WSDL or WADL
- Java code from XMLBeans
- XMLBeans from Java code
- XML documents from XSD schema
- XSD schema from XML documents
IntelliJ IDEA support for WebServices has been extended with Representational State Transfer (REST) WebServices, integrated through a set of its productivity-boosting features to let you easily and effectively write, debug and deploy REST WebServices applications. IntelliJ IDEA supports version 1.0 of the JSR-311 specification and its reference implementation, Jersey.
- Coding assistance with code completion and syntax highlighting
- Multiple on-the-fly code inspections with instant quick-fixes
- Dedicated tool window for live debugging of the service with GET, POST, DELETE, PUT and HEAD
allows you to customize requests with parametes, support proxies and is capable of generating URL
from Java code.
- Automatic generation of WADL descriptors from REST WebServices Java code