IntelliJ IDEA 8.1 — Maintenance Release
This release brings you a noticeably faster IDE. We've reworked its engine to boost the overall performance, improved the file indexing for better processing of external changes (e.g. updates from VCS) and optimized the compiler caches to significantly reduce the compilation time.
Moreover, though we've been mainly focused on optimizing of existing code, we added a number of new features and a pack of improvements that we simply could not keep on the shelf until next release.
Make all of your favorite IDE settings (keymap, fonts and colors, inspection profiles, etc.) accessible from any computer where you run IntelliJ IDEA through a dedicated JetBrains server. More »
Perform all common VCS functions (commit, update, revert, etc.) from IDE. Create and manage TFS workspaces, merge branches, lock and unlock files, view the changes history, and do more.
Carry out common VCS operations right from IntelliJ IDEA, plus do Git-specific tasks like cloning of remote repositories, pushing and pulling of local repositories, rebasing (including interactive mode and multiple Git roots), and more.
Resin application server is supported via the dedicated run configuration, with application deployment and debugging (both local and remote).
Generate copyright headers for any type of source code and let IntelliJ IDEA automatically keep them up-to-date. All it takes is creating a template for the copyright text and specifying the scope to which it should be applied.
IntelliJ IDEA 8.0
Languages & Frameworks
- SQL-92, MySQL, SQLite with coding assistance and Console to run SQL scripts from the IDE
- Template languages: FreeMarker, Velocity
- XPath/XSLT, including XPath expression evaluation
- Groovy/Grails with advanced editing, new refactorings and Gant
- JBoss Seam
- Struts 2
- Spring 2.5
- Spring Webflow
- Spring MVC
- Spring Dynamic Modules
- GWT 1.5
- RESTful WebServices
Features & Improvements
- 7 New Java Refactorings
- Dataflow to This — see where an arbitrary parameter value comes from
- Create new test for class intention and navigation between classes/tests
- UML class diagrams with navigation to the source code and refactorings
- Thread dump analyzer
- Automatic namespace import for HTML/XML/JSP
- Flex debugger
- Advanced Flex code editor for MXML and ActionScript files, with Flash 10 generics
- Maven: create new module from archetype, Repository Browser, pom.xml validation and editing assistance
- Subversion 1.5 merge tracking support
Performance and Usability
- Reworked engine which ensures significantly faster startup and smoother overall operation
- Completely new Configure Plugins wizard that lets you flexibly manage features you need