Simple OSGi Framework Instance Definition
You can easily configure your OSGi Frameworks using ?the Settings dialog. Just search for OSGi in IntelliJ IDEA Settings and point the IDE to your OGSi Framework instances. Equinox, Knopflerfish, Felix and Concierge implementations are supported.
Manual Tweaking of OSGi Libraries
You can tweak definition of OSGi libraries manually in the Global Libraries settings:
OSGi Facet Customization
There are following options which can be customized when defining the OSGi facet:
- How to handle manifest during Bundle creation
- Location of JAR and files to be included
- Additional properties of the Manifest file
On-the-fly code analysis and quick fixes
Your code gets validated and several quick fixes are provided for your convenience. For example when you create a new BundleActivator, a quick fix is provided to add the BundleActivator to the Manifest.
OSGI Run/Debug Configuration
There is a special OSGi Run/Debug configuration which lets you configure following options:
- Which bundles to run and whether to start them automatically
- Which OSGi implementation to use
- VM and program parameters
- Location of the JRE and location of working directories
- Additional framework properties such as whether to start the OSGi console, whether to run in debug mode, whether to clean cashes and exactly which product or application to run
Support for Migrating from Eclipse
You can use the built-in Eclipse importer to open your OSGi application in IntelliJ IDEA, which then will try to detect dependencies on different OSGi plug-ins based on your Manifest files as well as configuration of the OSGi facet.