IntelliJ IDEA lets you create Gradle-based Android applications.
In this section:
- Creating a Gradle-Android Project
Before you start create Android projects using Gradle, make sure you have the following prerequisites:
- You have the latest Android Sdk downloaded and installed on your computer.
- You have Gradle version 1.8. downloaded and installed on your computer.
- The Gradle plugin and Android plugin are enabled.
The plugins are bundled with IntelliJ IDEA and activated by default. If they are not, enable the plugin.
The Android-Gradle support includes the following:
- Ability to create a Gradle-based Android project from scratch.
- Support of a code generation in build scripts.
- Ability to build, test and launch Android projects in IntelliJ IDEA.
Last modified: 4 December 2014