Associating a Directory with a Specific Version Control System
IntelliJ IDEA supports version control in a project by directories. This means that each directory can be versioned under its own version control system.
To associate a directory with a version control system
- Open the Version Control settings page.
This page displays a table of directories and the version control systems associated with them.
By default, the table contains only one row for the <Project Root>, with no version control system assigned to it.
- Click the Add button. The Add VCS Directory Mapping dialog box opens.
- Type the path to the desired directory, or click to the right of the Directory field and navigate to the desired directory.
- From the VCS list, select the version control system to be used for controlling files in this directory.
- Click OK to save the mapping and return to the Version Control page.