Attaching and Detaching Perforce Jobs to Changelists
The Perforce integration with IntelliJ IDEA provides you with a user interface for attaching and detaching Perforce jobs to changelists.
Note that the integration does not support creation of Perforce jobs.
From this topic you will learn how to:
- Attach jobs to changelists:
- Find the desired job to attach to a changelist using:
- Detach jobs from changelists.
To find and link a job at any stage of your work
- Open the Local tab of the Changes tool window.
- Select the changelist you want to link a job to.
- From the context menu of the changelist, choose Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box opens. . The
- Find the desired job. Do one of the following:
- View the details of the found job and click OK.
To find and link a job during commit
- In the Local tab of the Changes tool window, select the changelist you want to link a job to and open the Commit Changes dialog box.
- Find the desired job using the controls in the Jobs area. Do one of the following:
- View the details of the found job and continue the commit procedure.
To find a job using the standard search functionality
- In the Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box or in the Jobs area of the Commit Changes dialog box, click the button.
- In the Link Job to Changelist dialog box that opens, specify the desired search parameters.
- Click the Search button. The jobs that match the specified criteria are shown in the Search Results list. To view the details of a job, select it in the list.
- Select the desired job and click OK. The dialog box closes and you return to the dialog box where you started the search:
To quickly find and link one job
- Open the Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box or switch to the Jobs area of the Commit Changes dialog box.
- In the text box, type the desired job name search pattern and click the button.
The job is found and automatically linked to the current changelist.
If no job matching the specified pattern is found, the corresponding information message is displayed.