Change Attribute Value
The Change Attribute Value refactoring allows you to change the values an attribute defined on a set of XML tags. If this refactoring is invoked, all attributes matching the selected attribute name and selected attribute value on tags with the selected tag name may have their values changed. This bulk modification of attribute values may be useful as XML schemas evolve.
Changing attribute value
- Position the caret on the attribute to modify in the editor, right-click, and select the XML Refactorings | Change Attribute Value...
- Determine the new value for the attribute.
- Determine the scope of the change. All attributes matching the name and value of the attribute selected on the tag selected will be modified, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected attribute Find window.
- Cstepck OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.