IntelliJ IDEA makes it possible to:
- Indent or unindent text. This action applies to a selection, or to a line at caret.
- Fix wrong indentation according to the code style.
- Choose tabs or spaces for indentation. This action applies to a selection, or the whole current file in the active editor.
To change indentation of a text fragment, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose Edit | Indent Selection / Edit | Unindent Selection .
- Press Tab / Shift+Tab.
To fix indentation
- Place the caret at a line with wrong indentation.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+I.
To toggle between tabs and spaces
- On the main menu, choose Edit | Convert Indents , and then choose To Spaces or To Tabs respectively.
Last modified: 12 November 2014