IntelliJ IDEA allows building and deploying applications in the clouds. These clouds are supported, when the respective bundled plugins are enabled:
- Google App Engine - Google App Engine integration.
- CloudBees - CloudBees integration.
- CloudFoundry - Cloud Foundry integration.
- Heroku - Heroku integration.
- OpenShift - OpenShift integration.
To learn how to enable plugins, refer to the section Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
JavaEE Clouds functionality
IntelliJ IDEA makes it possible to:
- Deploy artifacts
- Deploy sources on the Git-clouds (Heroku, OpenShift)
- Review deployment process and logs of the deployed applications.
- Debug applications (OpenShift).
- Edit deployment descriptors.
Changes to the UI
Cloud servers add the following changes to the UI:
- Run configurations for the various types of clouds:
- Ability to create accounts for the clouds (Settings | Clouds).
- Showing accounts and run the corresponding configurations in the Application Servers tool window.
- Showing logs in the Application Servers tool window for the launched run configurations.
- Showing the debugging information in the Debug tool window.